Are you looking to kick start your career within the media industry? Are you savvy on Excel and enjoy problem-solving? Do you want to be responsible for bringing great advertising campaigns to life on television, video-on-demand & radio?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We don’t expect you to have any previous media-related work experience – what we’re looking for is someone with a passion for the world of media, very strong analytical skills and a hardworking, enthusiastic attitude.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re hiring an AV (Audio Visual) Activation apprentice to start ASAP. You will be a key member of the OMD Activation and Conversion department, a 24 strong team within the OMD UK media agency. We work with an enviable portfolio of iconic and influential brands – including Google, McDonald’s, and PepsiCo – ensuring you’ll be exposed to industry leading work, across a variety of different sectors.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
· the investment, activation and delivery of our client’s media plans in market, covering a broad range of channels including television, video-on-demand, radio and cinema.
· the accurate tracking of campaign performance, identifying insights and effective actions from large quantities of data
· enhancing the overall AV department and company output, driving efficiencies and creativity wherever possible
· building strong and collaborative working relationships with key media owners, including ITV, Channel 4 & Sky.
· working effectively with client leadership teams, demonstrating a solid understanding of the client businesses and requirements
· becoming a media marketplace expert, able to demonstrate knowledge and passion to both external and internal stakeholders
· Energy, initiative and commitment
· Self-starter, with the ability to work effectively both in-silo and in team environment
· Numerate, with strong maths and analytical skills
· Able to prioritize workload, and show resilience under pressure
· Confident and clear presentation skills
· A hunger and desire to progress.
· Strong use of Microsoft packages, in particular Excel.
We’re moving away from using CVs and now ask you to answer 5 questions instead.
1) Tell us about a time when you have demonstrated a high level of accuracy and focus when working on a task.
1. What was the situation?
2. How did you demonstrate this?
3. What steps did you take to assist you with this?
4. What challenges did you face?
2) As a new starter to the business, you have been provided with instructions on the processes used to perform each task. The process described for one of the more complex tasks appears to be very long-winded and will likely require you to work late to complete. You believe that there may be more efficient ways to complete the task that will allow you to finish early. There may however be another reason for the business using this approach. How do you proceed?
3) Describe a time/ project that involved working within a high-performing team ? What features made it effective?
4) Can you tell us about an achievement you are particularly proud of and why?
5) Tell us about a recent media campaign from a brand you really liked
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
We will connect you with our apprenticeship provider to get you set up for your L3 Advertising & Media Exec
From our comprehensive development programme to mentoring and on the job experiences, we’ll provide you with lively and stimulating learning to help you develop and progress your career. We marry this with a regular appraisal, that includes 360 feedback and on-going career catch-ups to discuss how you’re doing.
In addition, your overall wellbeing and happiness is one of our top priorities. We created our own bespoke programme of various activities and workshops to help support good health including massages, manicures/pedicures – you can even get your hair done (once we’re back in the building that is)!
Other great benefits include free breakfasts and fruit, 27 days annual leave, contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, and a lot more!
Salary: £17,000 (increase after 6months)