Finsbury Glover Hering is a leading global strategic communication consultancy advising many of the world’s most successful companies, institutions and organizations on the most complex and exciting communications challenges of the day. To help us grow in London we are looking for a Senior Associate in our Public Affairs team to provide an exceptional service to our high profile clients.
WHAT WILL THE ROLE INVOLVE
- Public Affairs and communication strategies: Working with the senior teams to devise, develop and implement effective political engagement strategies across a range of channels and stakeholders to support our clients’ requirements.
- Political monitoring: Staying abreast of political activity to inform our teams, our clients and public affairs strategies.
- Research: Deploying effective research techniques to offer relevant and practical insights for our existing clients and in support of new business opportunities.
- Social Media: Effective at using and providing advice on the use of social media to assist with clients strategic communications strategies or crisis communications.
- Relationship building: Building and maintaining effective relationships with political stakeholders and clients
- Political relations: Understanding the broad political landscape, and conveying this information in a credible and persuasive manner.
WHAT SKILLS WOULD I NEED TO SUCCEED
- Relevant industry experience in Public Affairs, Westminster or Whitehall.
- Bachelor’s level degree or MBA or equivalent
- Demonstrable understanding of the political and business landscape and how the two intersect.
- Able to build strong relationships; commands the confidence of others internally & externally
- Hard working, organised, flexible, adaptable.
- Independent thinker takes initiatives, goes beyond the expected, spots opportunities and innovates
- Continually seeks to broaden knowledge
- Responsible and trusted to work with confidential information
- Communicates persuasively in oral and written work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to deliver to a deadline, to multi-task and to adapt to changing priorities
- Team player
- Creative at finding solutions