Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive, Business Development – Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 202 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 202 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
Business Development sits at the heart of H+K’s business. We are the central team responsible for new business, marketing and communications activities in the UK. We are also a core part of the global team and have regular touchpoints with our parent company, leading marketing services group, WPP.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a smart, creative and collaborative person to join our small but perfectly formed team as UK Business Development Executive.
The role will offer you the opportunity to work with the UK CEO, UK Head of Business Development and Marketing, and the Business Development team to support the agency’s growth. You will have the chance to showcase your experience across a very wide range of disciplines, with a focus on new business and marketing. This is an ideal role for someone relatively new to the world of PR, marketing and communications and look for a broad range of experience across disciplines and industry sectors.
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
· 2-3 years’ experience working in agency, ideally in a new business, marketing, or business development role, or within a communications agency with a proven new business track record.
· Proven organisational and project management skills.
· Excellent writing ability.
· Proficient in data management and analytics.
· An active interest in business and the marketing communications arenas.
· Content creation experience and social media management an added bonus.
· A love of winning and hunger to see the agency progress as a direct and indirect result of your actions.
· Passionate and enthusiastic, confident, and curious.
· Enthusiastic, solutions-orientated, and proactive attitude.
· Self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong at multi-tasking and prioritising tasks.
· The desire and willingness to turn your hand to a broad range of tasks.
· Personable and good interpersonal skills – able to interact at all levels and with different personalities.
KEY H+K BENEFITS
· 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
· Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
· SMART pension scheme
· Heavily subsidised on-site bar
· WPP employee discount scheme
· Group life assurance scheme
· Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
· Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
· Our dedicated interactive training academy – ‘The Hub’
· Cycle to work scheme
· Wellness programmes
· Weekly social events
· 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com