About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded business services firms. We offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, real estate, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences.
We are currently looking for a Consultant to join our market-leading Public Affairs team in London which focusses not only on the UK market, but on multinational campaigns and issues. We work in multiple sectors – from energy, to financial services, to technology – and integrate our campaigns with multiple specialisms across the FTI business.
The successful candidate will be a person who is fascinated by politics– from the process to the policies to the personalities. They will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most interesting brands and on challenges which may, at first, appear intractable. They will have a clear opinion on the key political debates of the day; being able to evaluate strengths and weaknesses in arguments, identify opportunities for our clients to proactively put across their position and offer creative solutions to difficult problems. They will demonstrate that they are determined, ambitious and have outstanding verbal and written skills. They will have a passion for learning, devouring information and building their personal and professional networks.
What You’ll Do
1) Client services
- Support delivery of client programmes
- Deliver research proposals
- Monitoring and sector intelligence gathering
- Develop expertise in client sectors
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Manage client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Exemplary service delivery, supported by excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering client programmes
2) Support business development
- Support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Work with the broader FTI group in new business opportunities
- Proactively network with political, media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
3) Team Involvement
- Develop strong relations within the public affairs team, and the broader strategic communications and FTI teams
- Help support a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and asks the necessary questions to manage firm and client data responsibly.
- Understands FTI’s values, Code of Ethics and the Strategic Communications Rules of Practice and demonstrates a strong commitment to applying these concepts in daily interactions with colleagues and clients. (Additional information about FTI’s values, Code of Ethics and the Strategic Communications Rules of Practice can be accessed here.)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in politics, public affairs or for campaign groups, think tanks or NGOs
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts within business, communications, and politics
- Have the desire to build skills and a career in one of the world’s most successful business advisory and communication agencies
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook experience
- Strong interesting and understanding of UK and international politics
- Excellent written, verbal organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and with clients
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Pragmatic and a ‘can do’ approach
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.