About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing self-starter who wants to join our market leading communications team which provides strategic and financial communications to companies operating in the built environment as well as their developments. Our clients include listed and non-listed businesses and fund managers operating in the office, retail, industrial, residential, hotels and student accommodation sectors. These range from global leaders and FTSE100s through to start-ups and we advise on some of the UK’s most high-profile development projects.
What You’ll Do
- You will work alongside your colleagues to deliver exceptional communications advice and support to our clients and ensure we remain at the forefront of delivering exemplary client service.
- You will be supporting your clients by delivering day to day account management. Activities will include: developing media lists and conducting media pitching, handling agendas and status reports, compiling media packs and briefing notes, drafting and editing press releases and articles, keeping on top of calendars of events and features, supporting on social media activity
- You will work in a highly collegiate team alongside senior members on business development activities such as research, pitch preparation and delivery
How You’ll Grow
- You will grow your skills through day to day interaction with your colleagues and your clients, receiving continuous feedback on your work whilst sharing knowledge and insights and shared experiences.
- You will participate in FTI Consulting’s learning and development initiatives which cover multiple areas including training on financial metrics, presentation delivery and building your understanding of the media
- FTI also runs a mentoring programme
Basic Qualifications / Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some experience of working or interning in an in-house communications or PR agency role is desirable, but not essential.
- Some knowledge of financial public relations would be a bonus but not essential as would knowledge of social and digital communications
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.