Department: Marketing – CRM
Location: Hybrid working (London office, 5- 8 days per month)
Job type: Permanent
We have an opportunity for a CRM Executive to join our high performing and growing CRM team on a permanent basis.
This role will play a critical part in delivering the CRM programme, to achieve key targets to drive customer engagement, retention and income of Which? members and prospects.
What you’ll be doing
As our CRM Executive you’ll be a key member of our CRM Team, which sits within the wider Commercial team. Within the CRM team, you’ll provide support in delivering best in class marketing communications for Which? through our customer onboarding and retention programmes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver CRM marketing activity (multi-channel), while ensuring activity is on brand, on time and on budget
- Drive the CRM programme forwards by supporting in the delivery of the CRM quarterly project plan
- Manage the scheduling of CRM comms so that the cadence and relevance is in-line with member expectations and work on optimisations using test and learn approach
- Work closely with Content and Editorial teams to ensure relevant and valuable content is delivered to our audience
- Work with the marketing analytics team and the reporting available within the Email Service provider (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) to share campaign performance and impact with team including any A/B testing plans/results
- Liaise with Member Services Centre to keep them informed of changes to CRM programmes that may result in member contact
- Work with the CRM Manager to ensure monthly magazine mail out communicates planned messaging/advertising
- Supporting the migration of our emails and journey programmes from the old SFMC Business unit to the new one
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for a pro-active and commercially savvy CRM Executive, who is passionate about Which?
- You will have proven experience delivering successful CRM marketing activities through relevant media channels including experience of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar).
- You’ll have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and be able to use results to optimise campaigns to meet business needs.
- You’ll have a strong interest in email marketing and industry best practice.
About the rewards?
You get a competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday, contributory pension, life assurance, private medical cover, health insurance, full Which? membership for free, 50% off making a will with Which? Wills.
About the Which? way of life?
We want you to do great work and enjoy it in a workplace that respects and empowers you. In 2019 we were a runner up in the medium-sized organisation category for Britain’s Healthiest Workplace, and we signed up to the Time to Change employer pledge that protects staff against mental health discrimination. We’re also a Stonewall accredited employer.
If this sounds like your ideal next role, then we want to hear from you! Applications open until Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
At Which? we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from all regardless of age, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, race or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, social economic background. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore when required we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
We’re committed to making sure our application process is accessible to everyone who would like to apply for any of our vacancies! Please reach out to email@example.com if you need us to provide an alternative application method to support your accessibility needs.