Account Manager, Digital
Job Title: Account Manager, Digital
Reports to: Head of Digital
Location: Central London, WC2H
Type: Permanent, full-time
About Central Services
Central Services is an aggregated and collaborative strategic services practice that sits at the heart of the agency, with a remit to drive integrated thinking and creativity across the client portfolio and new business, elevating our work from good to great.
Every skill set and specialism that adds value, insight and impact to clients, beyond classic ‘account management’ is deemed a central service, specifically strategic planning, data & analytics, social media & digital innovation, digital & website design, print & powerpoint design, content production, media intelligence & strategy and creative platform & campaign development.
The practice focuses on distinct specialisms, but also on how those specialisms can work in tandem to create greater impact. Every CS member has responsibility for delivery and excellence within their own field but is also tasked with identifying and facilitating opportunity and integration within the practice. We endeavour to think differently and entrepreneurially.
About the role
The role of an account manager on the digital team requires an innovative and creative thinker, somebody who is great at explaining often complex digital and social media concepts to non-digital natives and somebody who is able to balance the operational delivery and execution of digital campaigns while starting to managing client relationships.
Account managers should start to support in the delivery of the commercial requirements of the team, including accountability for the preparation and management of project and retainer budgets. Data should also play an increasing role in the day-to-day management of client accounts – actively searching for, organising and interpreting data to develop actionable insights for use in campaign and project execution.
· Ensuring accurate and timely contributions to your key accounts: brief responses, campaign management, content plans, creative assets, campaign analysis, reporting and more – to the high professional standards that our clients expect
· Supporting the work of more junior members of the team, providing basic training and guidance where required
· Managing and nurturing client relationships – you will often be the main point of contact will be required to contribute to client meetings, supporting the SAM/AD in presentations and escalating any client issues to the senior team
· Working collaboratively across practices and internal teams, including Central Services and being an active advocate of our digital services, contributing to internal education and explanation through regular discussion and involvement in training
· Contributing effectively to new business pitches and organic growth opportunities by identifying areas of opportunity across social and digital, providing data and insights in to the platforms, features and approaches we could be using and including in our proposals in addition to supporting the team in the delivery of other research to support new business initiatives
· Setting up and managing reporting for client projects and campaigns, providing clear and insightful commentary as the specialist as well as proving specialist reporting for influencer campaigns alongside industry benchmarks
· Working closely with the 3MZ design team, as well as external suppliers, making sure that briefs and timelines are communicated effectively, and outputs are to the standard required and that we push our work creatively
· A strong understanding of the benefits of paid amplification across all channels, with the ability to assist with the execution of content promotion on key social channels (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) with the support of a paid media specialist
· Assisting in the development of relationships with talent managers and influencers for you specific accounts
· Asist in the delivery of brief responses for influencer marketing, supporting the SAM/AsD on campaigns, identification and
· Attending and supporting on content plans, content creation and content shoots on behalf of clients, supporting the digital team where required
· Set and work to KPIs, working with internal data and analytics resource to ensure robust reporting behind all data required to measure campaigns
Influencer specific responsibilities
· Organise, develop and conduct training for influencer marketing across the agency and agency teams where required. Training should include SNAP, tools, reporting/measurement and contracting in addition to an understanding of the basics of fee negotiation
· Maintain strong relationships with talent managers, ensuring we have access to the best talent, a good understanding of the influencer market as well as data on rates, requirements and best practice
· Be the point person at 3MZ on brief responses for influencer approaches and strategy across both organic opportunities and new business proposals – includes the ownership of process to ensure visibility of all opportunities
· Be the main point of contact for influencers and supporting agencies pre, during and post campaign. Oversee the delegation of responsibility for influencers on smaller campaigns where required
· Lead on fee negotiation and talent booking or oversee the process where required
· Work alongside PR and comms teams to support influencer event attendance