Digital Marketing Officer, Resuscitation Council UK
Type of contract: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours
Location: Our office is in Tavistock Square London. As with many organisations during the pandemic, our colleagues have been mainly working from home. Moving forward, we’re adopting a hybrid working model so successful applicants will be able to choose whether they’d prefer work at home and/or in our office in Tavistock Square, London but will be expected to attend some meetings in the office.
Salary: Between £29,000 and £33,000
Deadline for applications: 9am on 4 July 2022.
Are you a highly creative person with a strong grasp of digital analytics? Are you passionate about the potential to use digital tools to make a difference to peoples’ lives?
Our Digital Marketing Officer role will provide the best digital experience for our audiences to inspire and motivate people to supports us in our aim of ensuring everyone in the country has the skills they need to save a life.
About the role
Resuscitation Council UK’s Engagement and Influencing department delivers creative communications and authentic engagement activities that support the organisation’s Vision to 2030. Our audiences include health and social care professionals, members of the public, charities, professional bodies and associations, UK policy makers and campaigns groups.
Our goal is to provide the best digital experience for our audiences. To inspire and motivate people to supports us in our aim of ensuring everyone in the country has the skills they need to save a life. We are looking for a highly creative person with an audience first mindset.
You will understand the nuances, advantages and shortcomings of using different platforms and advise accordingly.
Our digital marketing activities must help equip health and social care professionals with cutting-edge, evidence-based resuscitation guidelines and training, as well as ensure members of the public learn CPR skills, so more people are given a chance of survival in an emergency. As a team, we’re heavily involved in developing a new and important programme of work to support all those involved in, or impacted by, out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and normalising the importance of shared CPR decision-making through our emergency care and treatment planning process, ReSPECT.
The Digital Marketing Officer will be responsible for delivering outputs from the social media and email marketing strategies and website content, using insight to drive developments. A strong
grasp of analytics will be key as you will be responsible for the evaluation and analysis of digital marketing, including social media, website analytics, and e-newsletters.
These channels play a key role in our ability to raise awareness for, and build the profile of, Resuscitation Council UK, our guidelines, courses, and standards. Working with other members of the Engagement and Influencing team, you will also support on digital aspects of campaigns and initiatives to further public awareness of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation, support for survivors and the promotion of ReSPECT.
The Digital Marketing Officer will be situated within the Engagement and Influencing team of RCUK and will report to the Senior Communications and Brand Manager. The role will work closely with all members of the Engagement and Influencing, Operations and Clinical and Service Development departments and the wider resuscitation community. Diversity and inclusion will be important principles considered in all elements of work.
About Resuscitation Council UK
Resuscitation Council UK is saving lives by developing guidelines, inﬂuencing policy, delivering courses and supporting cutting-edge research. Through education, training and research, we’re working towards the day when everyone in the country has the skills they need to save a life.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Set and agree the annual business as usual email communications calendar with other teams and project manage delivery of email communications, considering location of ‘always on’ content on RCUK digital platforms to ensure an effective user journey.
- Write content and build emails using branded email templates, and ensure that all emails are signed off by appropriate colleagues.
- Gather insight from our core audiences to ensure we have a good understanding of what they want from RCUK, working with Insight Manager.
- Ensure all emails are sent in line with General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR).
- Support other departments in the development of e-marketing deliverables to support business growth (eg e-Lifesaver prospects through sales journey). Includes generating sales for commercial products such as BLSi, and paid events such as conferences through digital marketing and direct communications.
- Support on the delivery of marketing and communications plans for core RCUK campaigns, such as Restart a Heart, and programmes of work, such as ReSPECT.
- Create, curate and share high quality social media content using a range of different formats.
- Consider and make recommendations for RCUK expansion onto other social media platforms in line with RCUK objectives and where the audiences we are trying to reach are.
- Answer queries posted on our social media channels (liaising with other teams as required) and escalating reputational issues.
- You’ll need to have a solid understanding of digital storytelling and be able to take ownership of planning and implementing campaigns against organisational priorities.
- Be responsible for developing digital campaigns that help us reach and mobilise new and existing audiences and make an impact on decision makers.
- Write/produce, build and publish content for the RCUK website, including articles, features, statements and updates, ensuring diversity and inclusion is considered in everything we do.
Analytics and Measurement
- Work with the Senior Communications and Brand Manager to evaluate the impact of organic and paid RCUK social media activity, through monthly reporting and evaluation of larger initiatives and campaigns.
- Lead on producing reports with social media insight and analysis and present to other departments/members of the team.
- Evaluate the impact of RCUK emails activity with the Insight Manager, through regular analysis of emails sent, and use this insight to get a better understanding of how audiences are engaging with our email content and to continually improve email communications.
- With the support of Senior Communications and Brand Manager and Digital Product and Development Manager, set up SEO strategy and google ads to further RCUK’s reach.
- Use insight (eg Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Crazy Egg, surveys, insight from social media and other insight) to identify content gaps and opportunities for content improvement and effective user journeys to and within RCUK website in line with user needs.
- Evaluate website performance using aforementioned tools and report on performance, using the insight gained to inform future content and taxonomy decisions on the website.
- Follow RCUK brand and style guidelines to ensure RCUK communications are consistent across all comms channels.
- Record interactions with partners in the RCUK CRM (customer relationship marketing) system to ensure there are good contact lists of partners and record keeping around engagement.
- There is an occasional need for weekend/evening working.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
Experience of working in communications, digital, or a similar field (E).
Experience of measuring the impact of marketing deliverables, using a range of channels to reach target audiences (E).
Experience of producing high-quality, creative, digital marketing deliverables, including copy writing, tracking and reporting (E).
Experience working with a website CMS and email marketing solutions including MailChimp (E).
Experience in social media marketing and email marketing (E).
Experience managing social media channels for a charity or brand (D).
Good understanding of data privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR) (D).
Personal Attributes and Skills
Good writing, editing and proofing abilities, excellent attention to detail (E).
Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion (E).
Ability to convey information accurately and promptly to internal and external customers (E).
Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines (E).
A proactive approach, with the ability to use initiative (D).
Flexible and adaptable; a good team player (E).
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, animation software and iMovie/Final Cut (D).
Familiarity with basic HTML coding concepts (D).
Familiarity with Drupal CMS (D).
Why join RCUK?
At Resuscitation Council UK, we offer competitive salaries, generous annual leave, and opportunities for professional development. All staff benefit from flexible working hours, and ensuring staff are able to balance their work and personal life is important to us.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive, friendly staff team, who use their compassion and expertise to support each other. Teamwork and partnership working is at the centre of our mission to save lives.
When you apply to a job with us, we aim to provide appropriate support every step of the way. Here are some of the ways we can support applicants and potential staff members:
- Working location: Our office is in Tavistock Square London. As with many organisations during the pandemic, our colleagues have been mainly working from home. Moving forward, we’re adopting a hybrid working model so successful applicants will be able to choose whether they’d prefer work at home and/or in our office in Tavistock Square, London but will be expected to attend some meetings in the office.
- Supporting travel requirements: Some travel to the office or other locations will be required as part of the role, but reasonable adjustments, such as enabling the postholder’s participation through digital technology, will be made for the successful applicant where this is required.
- Access to work: If you would like to make an Access to Work application for a grant to pay for support tailored to your individual needs, such as a support worker, adaptations to the equipment you use, special equipment, taxi fares to and from work if public transport is not accessible to you, we will support you in this process.
- Alternative application processes: We are asking for CVs and covering letters so you can tell us how your skills and experience can support and add value to Resuscitation Council UK. However, if an alternative method of applying – such as sending us a video or audio clip about yourself – works better for you, we welcome your application. We want our applicants to shine, so we’re flexible to your needs.
- Equity for all applicants: When we receive applications, those who shortlist candidates for each role will not have access to your name, age or date of birth. In addition, we ask you to submit a diversity monitoring form. We won’t use the information in the diversity monitoring forms during the recruitment process itself, but the information we receive will help us to understand whether our job advertisements are successfully attracting a diverse range of applicants.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please email us with:
· A comprehensive CV, specifying significant achievements in your career to date.
· A supporting statement, of no more than two sides, explaining how your skills and experience can support and add value to our organisation.
· A completed diversity monitoring form.
We welcome and will accept applications using an alternative process (such as video or audio applications). Please email email@example.com or phone 0207 391 0718 to discuss your requirements.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Digital Marketing Officer’ in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 9am 4 July 2022. We will not accept applications after this time.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Emily Pulham, Senior Communications and Brand Manager on 0207 391 0723 or Emily.email@example.com
How we will shortlist and interview
During the shortlisting process, those shortlisting applications will not have access to your name, date of birth, address or highest level of educational attainment.
Interviews for this role will take place during week commencing w/c 11 July, but please note this date may be subject to change.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0207 391 0718 to discuss your requirements.