If you’re looking to start your communications career in an award-winning global agency, then this might just be the role for you!
We’re currently looking for the next generation of talent to join our award-winning Corporate Communications team in September 2022. Offered as an initial 12-month contract with the opportunity for a permanent role as Account Executive or Senior Account executive upon successful completion.
As a team with over 30 talented practitioners, we strongly believe we are a sum of all our parts – we pride ourselves on being a broad spectrum of talents, experiences and expertise which all come together to tackle complex tasks and deliver results.
We like to think that we’re a positive if sometimes (healthy) cynical bunch as well. We’re always there for each other during the good, and sometimes tricky times. And of course, we like to have fun – whether that’s a few beers down at the pub, quiz nights, axe throwing, team breakfasts or competing in a Tough Mudder.
And with many of our colleagues coming from numerous other agencies we are often told we provide the right balance of smart interesting work, with a great work/life balance (and quite a few laughs in between).
Reputation. Every company has one. And in today’s ever-changing and turbulent world reputation can no longer be left to chance. Gone are the days of managing reputation by accident rather than design. Like it or not companies – and their brands – are under public scrutiny like never before.
But reputation can also be a company’s biggest business asset. An opportunity to stand out from the competition. More people buying and demanding a product. A stronger bottom-line and share price. Relying on word of mouth simply isn’t enough. You need to create the reputation and relationships you want. You need to build and maintain trust. With Employees. Media. Stakeholders. Shareholders. Consumers. And this is where we come in. In ‘Team Corporate’ we help clients to manage their reputation and brand. To anticipate risk and take advantage of emerging opportunities. We help to shape perceptions and transform reputations. And we do this by developing communication campaigns that drive progress and authentic engagement, deliver real results and bring about genuine change.
With in-depth sector experience covering consumer services, manufacturing and industrials, food and beverage, healthcare, property, financial services and energy.
The breadth of our work covers everything from storytelling and narrative development to media relations, media training, stakeholder engagement, executive profiling, speaker programs, campaign development and execution, internal comms and issues and crisis management.
You will be given the chance to work across multiple client accounts from day one, supporting account teams to drive results through media relations, executive profiling, content development, social media and events support. You will also play a role in supporting the team on new business and marketing efforts to continue to grow the practice and current portfolio of clients – see here for current case studies.
- Developing media target lists, research around the news agenda and finding creative angles to promote stories
- Media relations, pitching stories to journalists and drafting writing press releases and bylines
- Assisting in the coordination of events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours and trade shows
- Assisting with the drafting of client proposals and/or media materials: plans, presentations and reports
- Support in creating key press materials including press releases, social media content, briefing documents and coverage reports
- Supporting campaign & programme development through relevant research and contributing ideas to planning meetings and brainstorming
- Researching client and competitor products and services to feed into client strategy/new business proposals
- Reporting and providing analysis on the results of online/offline campaign activities
- Actively contributing to new business initiatives
As an agency we celebrate your strengths and ambitions, both professionally and personally, encouraging you to bring your passions to work.
We are looking for a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is passionate about developing their career in integrated communications as part of a leading global agency.
You will have a creative and curious mind, be willing to lean into new opportunities, stay on top of industry trends, develop meaningful campaign ideas and drive excellent results for clients. Previous PR or communications agency experience is a bonus but not essential.
You must be free to start the position on 12 September 2022 and eligible to work in the UK to be considered for the scheme. Apart from that, all we ask is that you demonstrate your passion for communications. Applications close on 3 July 2022.
FleishmanHillard globally specialises in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
In the UK, recent notable awards include –PRmoment’s Large Agency of the Year (2021), Creative Moment’s Creative Agency of the Year (2021) and awarded Gold in PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (2020).
We offer a strengths-based career development programme and a range of flexible benefits such as:
- BUPA medical cover – including 24/7 virtual GP and funded eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday + option to buy an additional 5 days p/year. Plus the office closes for 3 days at Christmas
- Your birthday day off
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
- Personal finance clinics
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Opportunity to join our shadow board or DE&I Steering committee
- Generous parental leave and emergency childcare
- Global Employee Resource Groups
- Career Guardian Scheme for under-represented talent
- Pro-bono comms and volunteer opportunities, not to mention personal charity matching
- Culture Club – from office manicures, nutritionists, and acupressure sessions, to Yoga on the roof terrace, quizzes, boot camps, exhibits and summer and Christmas get-togethers
- Passion projects – funding for your passions outside of work
- Regular inhouse massage
- Retail, dinner or spa vouchers for key milestones
- 6-12 week sabbaticals
- Global mobility – opportunities to work in another geographical market
- Business travel insurance with 24/7 support in the event of an unforeseen incident
- Omnicom employee discounts across a variety of high-street retail, travel and entertainment venues
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. As the only PR Agency awarded EY’s National Equality Standard, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Do let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.