If you’re looking to start your communications career in an award-winning global agency, then this might just be the role for you!
We’re currently looking for the next generation of talent to join our award-winning Public Affairs team in September 2022. Offered as an initial 12-month contract with the opportunity for a permanent role as Account Executive or Senior Account executive upon successful completion.
Our award-winning team includes consultants who have worked at the highest levels of government, brilliant campaigners, those with deep sector expertise and (our clients say) some of the best consultants in the business.
As a medium-sized Public Affairs team in a large integrated agency, we benefit significantly from our position within one of few truly global network companies. In Brussels and Washington, we are also market leaders in Public Affairs.
At FleishmanHillard, we are reinventing public affairs for the 21st-century influence landscape. Our view is clear: effective political influence comes from top-class insight, thoughtful communications strategy, integrated delivery, and creative ideas that will help our clients stand out from the crowd.
We recognise that the days of siloed public affairs are over. Instead, our “communications approach” utilises multichannel influence, including media, social media and digital platforms, alongside traditional engagement methods, for greater influence and impact.
We proudly position ourselves as the “agency for change”; the go-to public affairs agency for clients who want to shape decision-maker opinions on critical strategic policy issues, whether global, Europe-wide, national or local.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the biggest and fastest-growing teams in the agency, to work with a range of B2B and B2C clients – from the world’s leading brands to fast-growth scale-ups across a range of sectors. You will also play a role in supporting the team on new business and marketing efforts to continue to grow the practice and portfolio of clients we have. See here for current case studies.
- Developing media target lists, research around the news agenda
- Monitoring political developments and creating high-quality written material
- Media relations, pitching stories to journalists and writing initial draft press releases and bylines
- Assisting in the coordination of events such as party conference activity
- Assisting with the drafting of client proposals and/or media materials: plans, presentations and reports
- Support in the development of political campaigns and ideas for clients
- Supporting campaign & programme development through relevant research and contributing ideas to planning meetings and brainstorming
- Researching clients and competitors to feed into client strategy/ agency new business proposals
- Reporting and providing analysis on the results of online/offline campaign activities
- Actively contributing to new business initiatives
As an agency we celebrate your strengths and ambitions, both professionally and personally, encouraging you to bring your passions to work.
We are looking for a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is passionate about developing their career in integrated communications as part of a leading global agency.
You will have a creative and curious mind, be willing to lean into new opportunities, stay on top of industry trends, develop meaningful campaign ideas and drive excellent results for clients. Previous PR or communications agency experience is a bonus but not essential.
You must be free to start the position on 12 September 2022 and eligible to work in the UK to be considered for the scheme. Apart from that all we ask is that you demonstrate your passion for communications. Applications close on 3 July 2022.
FleishmanHillard globally specialises in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
In the UK, recent notable awards include –PRmoment’s Large Agency of the Year (2021), Creative Moment’s Creative Agency of the Year (2021) and awarded Gold in PRWeek’s Best Places to Work (2020).
We offer a strengths-based career development programme and a range of flexible benefits such as:
- BUPA medical cover – including 24/7 virtual GP and funded eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 25 days holiday + option to buy an additional 5 days p/year. Plus the office closes for 3 days at Christmas
- Your birthday day off
- Life Assurance
- Pension contributions
- Personal finance clinics
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Opportunity to join our shadow board or DE&I Steering committee
- Generous parental leave and emergency childcare
- Global Employee Resource Groups
- Career Guardian Scheme for under-represented talent
- Pro-bono comms and volunteer opportunities, not to mention personal charity matching
- Culture Club – from office manicures, nutritionists, and acupressure sessions, to Yoga on the roof terrace, quizzes, boot camps, exhibits and summer and Christmas get-togethers
- Passion projects – funding for your passions outside of work
- Regular inhouse massage
- Retail, dinner or spa vouchers for key milestones
- 6-12 week sabbaticals
- Global mobility – opportunities to work in another geographical market
- Business travel insurance with 24/7 support in the event of an unforeseen incident
- Omnicom employee discounts across a variety of high-street retail, travel and entertainment venues
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. As the only PR Agency awarded EY’s National Equality Standard, all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Do let us know if you need any adjustments made during the interview process.
Lastly, we apologise in advance that we are unable to respond to every application individually.