Are you a recent graduate with an interest in current affairs, business and the media? Could you imagine yourself in an entry level role in a successful, strategic communications company?
If you’ve answered yes to the above questions, then continue reading to find out more about our Graduate Analyst Programme.
Powerscourt is an award-winning independent strategic communications consultancy. From our offices in London and Dublin, we provide trusted advice to the world’s top companies on critical business issues.
We have earned a reputation for delivering an outstanding service to both public and private businesses. Some of the biggest companies in the world rely on our advice to safeguard their reputations.
Powerscourt has a very collaborative and sociable culture with a diverse team including a mix of seasoned journalists, bankers, lawyers and communications experts who provide our clients with the experience, insight and creativity that sets us apart.
We advise companies across a broad range of services, including financial and corporate communications, crisis and issues management, political affairs, sustainability and campaigning. The team has specialist industry expertise in consumer industries, industrial services and capital goods, financial services, healthcare, housebuilding and real-estate and TMT.
Powerscourt has grown rapidly in recent years, with expansion into new services and industry areas, having won a large number of clients.
OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Our London office is going from strength to strength in terms of its client portfolio and revenue generation. As a result, we are currently looking for a dynamic, bright and intelligent graduate to join our Graduate Programme.
Our programme runs for 2 years and includes a variety of work across teams, extensive training courses to support development and enhances skills to enable career progression. Some of the key skills our Analysts will develop include:
- A thorough understanding of the business environment, capital markets and the key drivers for corporate, financial and issues communications
- Ability to timely collate media coverage and write clear, concise summaries
- Talk about your clients’ businesses confidently and knowledgably
- Produce sector wraps autonomously
- Produce press releases and other client collateral e.g. factsheets
- Have a good knowledge of key journalists covering our clients and the difference between different media outlets
- Research for and write elements of a proposal or new business pitch
- Account administration: responsible for ensuring client account administration and reporting runs smoothly, account infrastructure is kept up to date
- Media monitoring: actively monitoring the news and media landscape on a daily basis
- Writing: producing first drafts of press releases, media summaries and wraps
- Client liaison: active member of the client team, contributing to calls and responding to client requests, arranging client events (e.g. financial results logistics)
- Research: produce thorough and well researched briefing notes for clients and to support new business pursuits
- Media and analyst relations: as you progress into the role, liaison with journalists and analysts on behalf of clients
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for recent graduates who are currently available to join us. Key attributes and experience required for these roles:
- A keen interest in current affairs, business and the media
- Proven interest in working in communications and PR through relevant experience
- Strong academics with a minimum 2:1 degree classification
- An articulate and confident communication (verbal and written) with great attention to detail
- A desire to work with listed clients and to understand capital markets and / or a desire to support on issues and crisis management
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to manage workload effectively, meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to work dynamically and flexibly
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Competitive salary
- Benefits include discretionary bonus scheme, pension, 25 days’ annual leave plus 2 days at Christmas and 1 day on your birthday, Private Medical, Dental, wellbeing allowance, social events, volunteering opportunities and lots more. Please see the Benefits Document on the Careers page of our website for our full offering
- Access to excellent training and career development opportunities – most Graduate Analysts are promoted to Consultants within 2 years
- Hybrid working and flexibility on working days in the office
Our interview process consists of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 – CV & video submission
- Stage 2 – Written assessment
- Stage 3 – Interview & presentation at our London office
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, and a short video clip (no longer than 45 seconds) explaining the following: a story that you’ve been following in the media / business press and how well or otherwise you think this has been reported.
The above should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to the application process, please highlight this in your submission and a member of the HR team will be in contact.
Successful applicants will be contacted by a member of the HR team.
Please note that candidates must have completed their studies and have the Right to Work in the UK.