Junior Designer, Fuse,
Omnicom Media Group
We’re Fuse, a marketing agency within Omnicom Media Group. We create partnerships and experiences for brands that make a difference, to the people who share in them and the brands that benefit from them.
We do this by focussing on the things that people care passionately about; sport, entertainment, cause and culture. We are experts in strategy, activation and evaluation and offer seven core services: strategic consulting, partnership marketing, experiences, communications, content, data and insight.
With a team of over 100 in the UK and 250 across Europe, we work with some of the world’s top brands, including Disney, McDonald’s, Nissan, Google, Nike, Pepsi, Starbucks, and Santander. We are proud that our work won two silver Lions at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity 2016 and that we were awarded UK Sponsorship Awards ‘Consultancy of the Year’ two years in a row.
We are committed to providing comprehensive training & development plans for all team members, and are proud to be an award winning agency.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At OMG, UK (of which Fuse are a part of) we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients’ businesses.
Fuse is looking for a Junior Designer, keen to apply their skills and learn new ones, to join their growing team. This individual should be a proven creative thinker and ideally have an interest in Sport, Entertainment, Cause and Culture.
In addition to being a guardian of the Fuse brand and visual identity across our growing network, you will help develop and deliver designs across major client accounts such as McDonald’s, Royal London, Pepsi, Nissan, Google, Vodafone and many more. As well as learning from the team, you will be expected to be a self-starter, taking the time to identify opportunities to experiment in order to bring new skills to the team and bolster our design offering.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS
Reporting directly to the Senior Designer, the ideal candidate will be Junior level (1 year experience +), passionate, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate a clear creative ability.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Working closely with the Senior Designer to respond to internal, client and ad hoc briefs.
· Producing and curating Fuse branded assets for use across markets, ensuring correct use of brand.
· Deck design and support (Powerpoint) for internal and client facing presentations including pitch work.
· Creating mock ups, concepts and key visuals to bring out teams brilliant ideas to life
· Support our Marketing team with templates and bespoke content across social/email/web channels.
· Design and prepare client branded collateral using existing creative or with limited assets.
· Package artwork appropriately for use (print/digital/social).
· Keep up with design trends and actively look for new ways we can package and present our work.
· Engage with the Fuse culture, finding ways to showcase our design offering through company events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Adaptable and reactive with an excellent eye for details others might miss.
· Ability to communicate clearly and work productively both alone and collaboratively.
· A pro-active positive attitude and desire to go above and beyond.
· Strong ability to multitask and deliver quality work to tight deadlines.
· Calm under pressure.
· Knowledge and understanding of the print process and colour theory.
· Strong working knowledge of the Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), Microsoft Office suite
PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and web (Canva, Mailchimp etc).
· Experience with motion graphics or desire to learn is a bonus but not essential (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, XD, Animate)
• Degree in Graphic Design or similar (will consider other routes)
• CV and accompanying portfolio with examples of work
• Design task delivered ahead of interview