REPORTING TO: Senior Media Analyst
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9.00 – 18.00
LOCATION: Holborn Studios, Eagle Wharf N1, London and at home
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: The details are below
KEY INTERNAL INTERFACES: Producers (account handling), the rest of the media team, campaign managers
KEY EXTERNAL INTERFACES: Clients and media agencies
SALARY: £26K-28K (DOE)
A bit about DTV
DTV Group started in 2004 and is still owned and run by the founders. We work with 30+ NGOs and iNGOs – the big and the not so big – in over 25 countries, covering a wide range of causes from animal (Guide Dogs, World Animal Protection, Cat’s Protection), to development (Plan Int. UK, UNICEF, UNHCR) to medical (Sightsavers, Alzheimer’s Research, Marie Curie) and environmental (Greenpeace, WWF), as well as a handful of commercial clients.
Our core business: we are direct marketing fundraisers who help NGOs acquire new donors through direct response television, film and radio. We help to inspire current donors to continue to keep giving. We use film to recruit major donors. We work with media agencies and call centres to help NGOs manage response effectively and get the best deals possible.
DTV London is our HQ, we also have offices in Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, Korea and India, serving our International NGO’s who are based around the globe.
We are global leaders in what we do because we have our own ways of doing things: a simple but clever business model, a strong sense of business ethics and some very smart people.
Our company values are very important to us and the right person for this role will be able to demonstrate that these values are important to them: Teamwork, Integrity, Caring and Diversity & Inclusion.
DTV is committed to providing an inclusive and creative environment for everyone to thrive, whatever our background or identity. We enjoy an ongoing and inspiring program of events to celebrate diversity and difference and ensure all our managers are trained in overcoming unconscious bias. You are welcome to send your application without name, age or any other non-work-related details if you prefer and if you need specific arrangements at interview just let us know and we’ll work around you.
What are we looking for?
Someone who loves numbers! A fundamental part of DTV turning this sector on its head has been our fixation on ROI, so you need to not just live numbers but dream about them too (ok maybe not actually dream but you know what we mean)
You want a new challenge and a role which has plenty of scope working on new global analytics solutions and monitoring the performance of on-line activity.
Just as importantly, you want to make a real difference to the world by helping our fundraising activities and helping NGOs find new supporters cost-effectively through TV, film, audio and on-line.
This is a vital role in our busy Media team:
- Media briefing and planning with clients
- Data checking and building up a data model
- Using those models to put together analysis to present to clients
- Collaborating and consulting with partner agencies and clients
- TV results analysis
- Call centre performance
- Media agency tender process and selection around the world when clients are entering a new market
- Proactively problem solve using our suite of detailed metrics
What skills will you need to shine?
- Aptitude for numbers and deriving insights from data sets. You don’t have to be a statistician, but you do need to understand the basic principles of analysis/statistics, perhaps as part of a Science or Maths degree. You’ll need the analytic ability to spot from a dataset where issues and opportunities lie in improving the performance of a campaign.
- Strong team player who enjoys working with people.
- Project management skills – very important, especially as we work across several clients on different time zones. Ability to multitask between different projects and be organised.
- Good communication skills – essential as we work with many suppliers (media agencies/call centres), clients and internally between different departments.
- Engaging presentation style – to connect with your audience when you introduce your work to a group and be persuasive in making sure your recommendations are taken on board.
- Fundraising experience – not essential but it would be good to have an understanding of the sector or empathy to the charity sector.
- Fluent in German – again, not essential but with several German clients with whom we undertake the analysis, fluent German would definitely be beneficial.
Where are you now?
We’re flexible, as long as you have a track record in the skills we need.
Perhaps you’re in your first job in analytics, looking for the next challenge?
Recent graduate in a data-based subject looking for your first role as an Analyst?
Agency – you could be a Junior Data planner or a Direct Response Media Analyst?
Client – perhaps a Direct Marketing or Campaign Assistant?
And what will you get out of this?
The DTV Group is a friendly, supportive and exciting place to be. We’re growing around the globe by creating and delivering other types of film and video for our charity clients.
There is always lots to learn, and you’ll be up to speed quickly with our support. You’ll enjoy fairly flexible working hours, very generous holidays including the much-loved DTV Long-weekends (one Friday off per month). Lots of team socials which endeavour to respect your life outside work.
We’re mostly working remotely at the moment, working face to face with DTVers at least 6 times per month, mostly in our office.
We’re delighted to offer this opportunity to be part of not just a fast-growing agency in an exciting market, but an agency that is a world leader in DRTV and digital fundraising.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please make sure only to include mobile number in your CV and cover letter removing any identifiers such as name, date of birth and email address, which will be forwarded to the relevant hiring manager.
DTV is committed to providing an inclusive and creative environment for everyone to thrive, whatever our background or identity. We enjoy an ongoing and inspiring program of events to celebrate diversity and difference and ensure all our managers are trained in overcoming unconscious bias.