Department: Product Research
Location: London office (initially remote, moving to hybrid working later in 2021)
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract (Ending August 2022), Full Time
We’re looking for market analysts to join our Product Testing Team. For the chance to kickstart your research career with this entry level role *You will need to submit a cover letter for your application to be considered.*
Our product Market Analysts robustly pin down exactly the right brands and products for us to test so our reviews cover what people want to buy – whether it’s the latest TV, cooker, smart watch, mobile phone, headphones or one of the many other consumer products we test.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be spot on at selecting the newest launches and best sellers – based on robust market information you’ve pulled together from companies and backed up by reputable market data.
In practice, this means:
- You’ll be at ease doing your own primary research directly with companies while building and maintaining excellent ongoing relationships
- You’ll pinpoint the best sources of market information/intelligence to help make sense of what’s on the market, product launches, upcoming trends and best times to publish reviews
- You’ll be up to speed with the products in the markets you regularly cover so our testing keeps pace with changing product features and functionality
- You’ll make sure we’re testing and covering the products people will see on sale when they want to buy
- You’ll then collate and analyse information and data effectively with meticulous attention to detail to underpin our test review coverage.
You’ll need to be continually up to date with new launches and market trends to make sure we’re covering the things consumers will want to buy. There are key product areas that you’ll be responsible for as well as others you’ll want to monitor.
You’ll also be able to apply your judgement and analysis of trends and developments to scope our coverage as well as spotting potential short and longer relevant content opportunities for our website or magazines.
What we’re looking for
- It goes without saying that excellent proven time management and workload planning skills will be essential to ensuring multiple deadlines are met in a fast-paced publishing environment
- You’ll be comfortable with finding, collecting, collating, and applying market and product information to inform or underpin decisions.
- You’re appreciative of the relative benefits of qualitative and quantitative research methods and may have experience using both.
- You’re at ease with person-to-person interviews and formulating written questions to get the exact information we need
- You’re confident building external contact networks and maintaining excellent business relationships.
- As a bit of an Excel expert, your exceptional eye for detail and love of accuracy will meet our exacting research standards.
- If you’re also passionate and enthusiastic about content creation, there may be opportunities to contribute to our print and online outputs, too.
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. Let us know what makes you a great fit for the job by sending us a covering letter and your CV.