The Account Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of effective and creative campaigns for Grayling’s clients, by building strong relationships with the media and client teams and by managing internal teams and processes skillfully.
Interprets and responds to client briefs and develops effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and advice for the benefit of the client
Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients
Demonstrates creative thinking to develop relevant and impactful stories for clients, that meet objective and deliver coverage
Contributes to new business solutions, leveraging previous relevant experience, specialist skills and knowledge while merchandising Grayling’s offer effectively
Monitors the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
Understands and manages the relationship between client service and profitability, escalating any issues to the appropriate level
Manages personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
Seeks out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development, keeping up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and applying this knowledge in their work
Manages and develops junior staff using the appropriate people management techniques, resolving or escalating issues promptly and fairly, and championing achievements
Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
Develops a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities resulting from these contacts to the benefit of the Grayling business
Scope of role
Final client mix to be decided – will be a blend of UK and global work across consumer clients.
Team clients include Visa, Pokerstars, Badoo, easyJet holidays, Good Catch, Amazon Ring, Clinique La Prairie, Nescafe Dolce Gusto, Cathedral City and more.
Internal – account team and other department members, colleagues across the business, including international. May manage junior staff.
External – client team, journalists and media professionals, suppliers
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Strong understanding of integrated cross-channel consumer campaigns
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Commercially savvy
- Organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response/problem solve
Who we are?
Grayling UK is a PR and communications agency with global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services. We have a great bunch of people across our nine regional offices, from Southampton to Edinburgh.
We are incredibly proud to have been selected as winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. We hugely value our brilliant colleagues and work hard to provide the best possible working environment.
Our promises to you
- A highly competitive salary & benefits package.
- An exciting and dynamic working environment (in newly refurbed central London offices).
- An incredibly positive and supportive work culture driven purely by our values.
- Regular team socials and early finish Fridays.
- An abundance of personal development opportunities, with courses ranging from writing, resilience, creativity and more!
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing by one day every year up to 30 days.
- New business and employee referral bonuses.
- Cycle to work scheme
- PRCA membership
- Health & wellbeing programmes
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV and a cover letter. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with two of our team members.
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.