About Freuds Group
Love & Work are our cornerstones. We believe they should be entwined with one another. To achieve this blend, we not only choose to work with clients who want to do things differently, but we build teams that are passionate about working on initiatives that they truly believe in.
Our employees are given the opportunity to develop industry firsts whether that be in the form of a documentary, an activation or the launch of a new concept or partnership. Our alumni have gone on to run their own top 150 agencies and to lead the communications and marketing for well-known global brands. Securing a role with us is a smart and strategic career move.
We look for problem solvers, for creative minds and for individuals who want to change society, influence culture, challenge conformity and push boundaries. We know that without our employees, we wouldn’t be able to achieve what we do. As our many awards and certifications confirm, we are committed to offering an inclusive environment where individuals from all backgrounds are rewarded on merit, can experience integrated communications in its truest form and work on opportunities that due to our connectivity are unique to Freuds. Our culture ensures a sense of belonging for all and we thrive off our ability to support and utilise a diverse range of thoughts and perspectives.
Freuds Group is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you.
Freud Communications is a full-service PR and strategic communications agency that builds, protects, and enhances the reputations of our clients through impactful storytelling. Our team of c100 corporate and consumer consultants work on both impactful and fun initiatives for a range of FMCG, Retail, Media and Technology companies. Freud Communications is global in both outlook and delivery. Our consultants in London and New York have worked at the highest levels of business, government, media, charity and academia. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled network across the world and invite you to join us.
We are looking for an Associate (AE level) to work across a variety of exciting accounts across both Corporate and Consumer PR. We’re looking for someone who will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
Likely to be your second role in comms, we are looking for someone who has strong writing skills, a good eye for a story and most of all someone who is curious about issues that might include the Cost of-Living crisis, sustainability, and diversity.
- Strong communication experience within agency or relevant communication field, ideally across both corporate and consumer accounts
- Confidence in presenting and writing abilities – experience in writing press releases, copy, reports and statements efficiently
- Experience in working on a busy press office team, dealing with a wide range of enquiries
- Experience or an interest of working within crisis & issues would be beneficial
- Excellent time management and the ability to respond to tasks quickly and efficiently
- Experience with handling media enquiries and sell ins
- The ability to work across multiple different accounts and workstreams, with differing requirements within a fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of the daily news agenda, as well as the wider landscape of your accounts, and to be able to discuss and comment on it with colleagues
- Enthusiastic, proactive, a hard worker and keen to learn new things
- Confidently and concisely present progress reports, simple project updates and new ideas to junior clients either face-to-face, by telephone and by email
- Regularly write documents in a range of styles that demonstrate your attention to detail and skills in producing well written documents for both media and clients, including well-structured press releases, reports, statements, online copy etc.
- Work within a busy press office team, responding quickly and efficiently to a broad range of enquiries
- Support with researching relevant talent for brand campaigns, as well as development of talent briefing documents and attending the briefings themselves
- Manage complicated media enquiries from start to finish on a regular basis, including the publication of approved client statements/comments that you have created
- Provide reactive comment in response to media enquiries, following guidance from line managers
- Confidently manage journalists, both reactively and proactively and be accountable for managing these relationships
- Confidently and successfully pitch stories to national and trade media on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure full and complete understanding of how to use digital platforms/services such as Google, Technorati and blog directories to research and identify online opinion formers/influencers
- Maintain an understanding of the influencer landscape – keeping abreast of the latest digital media influencers relating to your clients and their respective products
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches.