Octagon is looking for an experienced Account Executive or new Senior Account Executive to join a dynamic team, working on a number of International sports hospitality programs, including The Open.
This role will be spilt across multiple projects including responsibility for managing the operational side of a golf account with a particular focus on overseeing all golf related activities both before and during the event. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the day-to-day administration of the account in the UK, including budget management and weekly status reports.
- Working with the global account team to plan and manage all elements of the operational delivery of the programme
- Research, planning and management of all golf operations on the account, including venue management, reporting and staff planning
- Work with event suppliers for all operational needs, including rental clubs and golfing merchandise, branding and uniforms
- Creating pre-event execution guides and operational documents and writing a weekly golf newsletter for the client and account team to ensure all parties are up to date with the latest in the industry
- Responsible for onsite management of the suppliers and contractors whilst on-site for the events and during the advance week.
- Help manage the weekly budget reconciliation, as well as being the main point of contact for the UK finance team
- Turning your hand to support the team deliver a major event, doing it with a smile and learning on the way!
Skills and experience required
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A general interest in the golf industry would be advantageous
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prepare materials for the client in a timely fashion using PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to conduct manual heavy lifting onsite at events – this role involves a significant amount of physical work onsite
- A can-do attitude, with a calm highly professional perspective
- A self-starter – working across several countries, you’ll need to be able to successfully manage a busy workload.
- Previous event experience managing staff and coordinating schedules would be advantageous
- A valid UK drivers’ license, driving onsite at events is essential
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Experience working with a B2B Client on a five star hosting program
- Excellent knowledge of the golf industry and golf events
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.