Senior Account Executive – Sports – Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) is an international PR and communications agency based across 80 offices in 40 countries and working globally with many of the largest multinational companies. We structure and lead our business around industry sector teams to deliver deep industry knowledge for the benefit of our clients. These teams are supported by specialist areas of creative ideas development and strategy, data and analytics, content creation and publishing, corporate affairs and ESG. The people in our agency are constantly evolving and are expected to re-invent their skills and set new standards in the industry.
We are proud to have been awarded Provoke Sabre EMEA Awards: UK PR Consultancy of the Year 2022, EMEA Agency of the Decade, UK 202 Silver Agency of the Year: Campaign Awards, EMEA 202 Gold PR Agency of the Year: Campaign Award.
We are trusted advisors to the industry’s highest profile sponsors and sports organisations, H+K’s Sport team has been behind some of the most talked about sponsorship activation and sports communication campaigns for more than a decade.
Work is fast paced, varied and challenging, as the team run busy press offices, devise and implement major brand initiatives – both globally and locally – and activate social media programmes. The work done by the team takes a story-first approach rooted in PR but often breaks free from traditional barriers of what a PR campaign looks like, with our best-in-class campaigns requiring an understanding of what drives conversation across owned, earned, shared and paid channels.
Some of our clients include, adidas, HSBC, SailGP and Gillette (+ more!)
THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing outreach to earned media across sports and lifestyle publications, drawing on a bank of contacts and expertise to maximise the impact of our campaigns
- Identifying exciting new publishers, creators and influencers that the team should consider working with, and becoming the key connector between them and the brand
- Integral to driving projects and campaigns – capable of creating workback schedules and acting as a key communicator between team and client
- Leading research for campaigns that informs creative ideation, including working with our data + analytics experts
- Have an active role in contributing to team ideation sessions
- Drafting written tools such as press releases, quotes and briefing documents
- Supporting the team in crafting PowerPoint presentations including toolkits and campaign decks
- Assisting the team with managing event/content shoot/press trip logistics
- Maintaining and regularly updating the administrative elements of accounts (including coverage charts, agendas, status reports, coverage folders, media lists
- Monitoring for coverage of the brand and wider media to keep the team and clients abreast of relevant industry news
- Having a good working understanding of digital channels and the types of content and tactics that engages audiences across those platforms
- Previous experience within Sports PR – ideally football specific
- A passion for, and strong track record in, creating written tools
- A passion for, and strong track record in, media relations (football media experience preferred) – and interest in the next generation of media publishers
- Detail orientated with ability to project manage
- Strong knowledge of the sports, culture, and lifestyle media landscape
- Excellent communications skills and strong written ability
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritising skills, with the ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, with first-hand experience of the core channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok)
KEY H+K BENEFITS
- 25 days + (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- Heavily subsidised on-site bar
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity + paternity scheme
- Vouchers + extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy – ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H+K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Clerkenwell offices run over two floors, encompassing a beautiful roof terrace and subsidised bar area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill + Knowlton Strategies is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our Diversity, Equity + Inclusion Recruitment Charter to understand more about H+K’s commitments here.
H+K is Disability Confident Committed and a Dyslexia SMART organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on H+K: www.hkstrategies.com