Fixed Term Contract until October – £30,000 pro rata
- Handling incoming media enquiries, preparing responses and the ability and confidence to brief spokespeople as required
- Supporting on specific projects as required and support/plan the delivery of proactive media campaigns and announcements with an ability to generate content and create positive news stories
- Support the wider media team in maintaining strong relationships with key journalists
- Work closely with digital communications and internal communications colleagues to ensure that UK Sport news and announcements are reflected appropriately across our digital channels (website and social media platforms).
- Support the delivery of press events including logistics and media engagement and spokesperson preparation
- Prepare high quality press releases, media responses, Q&A’s, briefings and other written communications materials as required
- Take responsibility for media monitoring, scanning the daily news agenda to identify proactive opportunities and potential issues, delivering the daily headlines and preparing coverage reports and general media admin.