What’s the role? Junior Account Executive
What’s the hours? Full-time role, 37.5 hours per week
What’s the salary? £24K
Where will I be working? Minimum of two days per week in our Old Street office and the rest of the time from wherever you wish!
Tell me about 3 Monkeys Zeno?
The Zeno Group is an award-winning, global, integrated communications agency, born from PR. In the UK we operate under the 3 Monkeys Zeno brand. Our core areas of expertise span industries and marketing channels across consumer, healthcare, corporate and technology with a digitally-led and data-driven approach to our work. We’re proud to represent a diverse roster of clients that include some of the world’s leading companies and brands including Budweiser Brewing Group, Lenovo, Zoom and Google.
We pride ourselves on being the agency of choice for the boldest and brightest, and we’re committed to creating inclusive culture that inspires people to do highly creative and transformative work, delivering true business impact for our clients.
You can read more about 3MZ on our hundo page here!
What will I be doing in the role?
This is your first step into the world of PR, and a great start to your career in this exciting, fast-paced industry.
You will be focusing on gaining an understanding of the processes involved in PR, the client/agency relationship and the basic support skills needed to do this role. Starting with the all important admin side of the role (before being client facing) will give you the time needed to hone your writing skills and media relations skills which are crucial to success in PR. Oh, and you’ll be building your little black book of suppliers and media contacts along the way!
General responsibilities include:
● Organising and researching forward feature calendars / speaker opportunities including sourcing and qualifying opportunities and status maintenance
● Managing the photographic library
● Liaising with suppliers, such as venues, photographers and printers
● Preparation of press materials and press packs
● Collection, collation, mounting and distributing media coverage on a regular basis (including online monitoring)
● Online research using social media tools and techniques
● Maintaining client files on and off line, ensuring that files and records are kept in good order
What makes a great 3 Monkeys Zeno team member for this role?
● You love writing! You feel confident writing about a variety of topics across different formats (eg news releases, case studies, fact sheets, blogs and so on) You’ll learn the difference between how bloggers and professional journalists operate in terms of codes of conduct, deadlines, engagement and copy/content requirements
● Media Knowledge! It’s important to have in-depth knowledge of the media, for your specific clients and in general. This should include national, trade and online. You must be proficient in using basic media tools to research and develop insight on journalists, bloggers and client competition
● Media liaison and relationship building! You’re a people person and feel confident dealing with day to day enquiries, meeting the press and clients in a professional environment and building those all important relationships with industry professionals
● Organised, focused and big on quality! You set yourself high standards when it comes to your writing, you can manage multiple workloads and deadlines and pay close attention to the smallest details. Nothing gets past you!
● Teamwork makes the dream work! You communicate extremely well with colleagues, you’re motivated and can take important feedback to ensure you are progressing in the right direction
Nice to haves
● You already have a keen interest in software packages, the internet and research facilities to dig out that important, relevant information.
● You are already subscribed to a few news groups and keep up to date on political affairs
What are the benefits of working at 3 Monkeys Zeno?
● A mix of office-based working and flexible/hybrid working
● Freedom Fridays – finish early on the first Friday of every month, whoop, whoop!
● Decompression Days – extra days off when people have gone above and beyond so you can kick back and just relax
● Health & Wellness Benefit – £250 for you to spend on anything that promotes your physical, mental or spiritual well being
● Fearless Flyers – monthly rewards for team stars
● DAN Award/International Secondments – the chance to work in another ZENO office around the world.
● Private Medical and Dental Care
● Laptop and Mobile provided
● Holidays – minimum of 25 days + bank hols – earn extra holiday over time…